Cocaine extracted from Erthroxylon coca plant leaves has been used for years in South America as a drug. These cocoa plant leaves are processed to produce cocaine and crack and is illegally available as recreational substance on the streets and markets. Cocaine works as fast-acting stimuli on the nervous system by increasing the activity of your body including heart rate, alertness, blood pressure, and energy levels.
Cocaine is highly addictive, harmful, and even deadly. It can be smoked, injected, sniffed or snorted. Chronic usage of cocaine develops disorder in the brain and at some stage even higher doses may not give you any relief. To make more money, some dealers mix cocaine with other drugs like anesthetic procaine and amphetamine, making it more dangerous to even experienced users, as it loses its natural properties.
If you or your loved one wants help to get rid of cocaine addiction, then you can reach out to one of the best San Fernando Valley Rehab centers in Los Angeles, California. Concise Recovery is one such rehab that provides customized treatment programs to their patients. Their treatment process including detoxification, residential inpatients and outpatients programs, guides you to recovery.
- Cocaine takes second place among commonly used drugs in the U.S
- About 0.6% of the American population was addicted to cocaine drug.
- From 2009 onwards there is a constant increase in its usage.
- Report says young adults up to 25 years of age are highly addicted.
- What Does Cocaine Look?
- It appears like a white crystal powder.
- Crack cocaine may be pink or white with rocks, chunks, or chips.
- Dealers usually cut it or dilute it with other substances like talcum powder, starch, flour, and baking soda for extra money.
- Effects Of Cocaine
- After consuming cocaine, it will take you to a highly exhilarated mood with lots of energy for an hour.
- You may feel euphoric, carefree, alert, and invincible.
- Later, it results in anxiety, depression, paranoia, agitation, and low appetite.
- Dangers Of Cocaine Use
- Cocaine is the most potent among other drugs and equally dangerous.
- Abusing cocaine causes cardiac and respiratory failures, leading to death irrespective of short-term or long usage.
- Other health side effects include insomnia, blurred vision, vomiting, constricted blood vessels, nasal infections, violent behavior, and chest pain.
- Street Names Of Cocaine
- Cocaine has different street names such as Dust, Toot, Line, Powder, Neurocain, and more.
- Freebase and speedball are other names for crack cocaine
- .Crack Cocaine
- Crack cocaine is also highly addictive, popular, and has the same risks and effects as cocaine.
- It creates a sudden euphoric effect on the user, as a cloud of smoke and causes disturbances in the lungs.
- Crack cocaine is nothing but a mixture of cocaine powder with ammonia or baking soda.
- Cocaine Addiction
- Consuming cocaine once or twice can make the users develop cravings for the drug.
- Anyone addicted to cocaine or crack should undergo behavioral treatments as well for recovery.
The expert team at ConciseRecovery will help you heal yourself mentally and physically, overcome the cocaine use disorder and live a healthy life after sobriety.